Anytime you hear a white person complain about “diversity for the sake of diversity” you should feel free to translate that to, “I do not value people who don’t look like me and therefore there is no value in seeing them. All-white casting for the sake of standardizing whiteness and white narratives is something I value and of which I approve.”
1. Erase POC vegans.
2. Erase the history and contributions of animal rights among POC. (Jains, for example.)
3. Forget that white people often have the largest voice when it comes to just about any movement, regardless of how much they actually contributed to it.
4. Imply that only white people are ethically, morally, and emotionally superior enough to care about non-human lives.
- Customer: So do you know the lord?
- Me: *smiling* Well, I am not particularly religious.
- Customer: *she smiles* Did you grow up in church?
- Me: Actually I was raised muslim, though I am not anymore.
- Customer: Oh I am glad you're not muslim anymore or else you'd want to kill me.
- Her Husband: Listen to this woman, she's very smart.