- Always post the rules
- Answer the questions from the person who tagged you
- Write 11 new ones
- Tag 11 people
- Actually tell them you tagged them
Questions I was asked:
1. What was your first fandom? Feel free to go way back! I am talking “N*SYNC versus BSB” or “trading copies of The Animorphs on the playground” here.
Redwall, oddly enough. I read every Redwall book I could fine in the library, at least twice.
2. A common piece of advice that you happen to disagree with?
“It’s just meant to be.” Nothing is meant to be, there is no cosmic meaning. You just happened to make a series of choices that brought you to a specific moment, and so did the other people involved.
3. The most recent CD or book that you bought (or borrowed)?
Sage Francis’ “Sick to Death” EP, which is INCREDIBLE. SF has been one of my role models for a very, very long time. This latest EP floored me. He spent some time volunteering in Africa with children who are AIDS victims, and the song “Ubuntu” is about his time there. Every time he recites the children’s names, I get goosebumps. “Origin to Descent” is another song on it, and if that fucking song isn’t a rallying cry, I don’t know what is. SF never fails to speak true.
4. Do you love any foods that other people find weird?
Pickles! I mean, people like pickles, but I’ve got approximately 13 varieties in my fridge right now. I had to put them in a separate box when I moved.
5. Cake or pie?
Fuuuuuck. Pie. It’s just so versatile!
6. You’ve won a free mani-pedi! Do you go? What color are your nails?
Sure? I’d feel weird, cause I’ve only ever done my own nails, but I’d try it. Red!
7. The object to your left is now your weapon of choice in the upcoming zombie apocalypse. What is it?
An alarm clock. Shit.
8. If you had the chance to go skydiving, would you take it?
Yes. I love pushing my body to its limits. That’s why I love play piercing so much. I love to be experiencing something uncomfortable, and seeing my own reaction to it and control over it. That kind of adrenaline rush is incredible.
9. Can you think of a hobby that you have sort of abandoned, that you would like to get started again? (Also, you should take this as a sign. Get back into it!)
Yoga. I love it, and I need to be doing it, but I’m lazy.
10. Name one small change you have made in your life that has had a positive effect.
Deciding to be straightforward with my son regarding veganism, even though he doesn’t always to choose to participate. I don’t guilt him or tell him not to do things (i.e., go to the zoo w/ my family), but I do explain to him why I choose not to do certain things. He’s got a good understanding so far, and it’s helping him be much more empathetic towards animals, and understanding of the way the world works.
11. Would you like some coffee?
YESSSSS. There is always time, desire, and room for coffee.
I am not going to post questions/tag folks tonight, because I am tired. But I may tomorrow!